Welcome to the Hillside!
Let me be one of the first to offer a warm welcome to South Kent School, and welcome
you to our Parents' Committee. As a South Kent Parent, you are automatically a member!
Our goal is to engage with you, provide your son the best experience at SKS, meet
other parents and give you the opportunity to become involved. The Parents' Committee
offers support and involvement in areas as needed, such as social gatherings, the Annual
Auction, Parents Weekend, and events throughout the year. We encourage every parent
to participate in our events throughout the year by hosting a Mother of Boys Luncheon;
working on Family Weekend activities; contacting new, incoming families to assist in the
transition of their sons living away from home, or making calls to fellow parents for the
Annual Fund Campaign. There are many ways to become involved.
Through modern technology, our website is a wealth of information. Whether you live
near or far, this is a fabulous way to stay connected, and you can read and see what is
happening daily at school. Through our Advanced Media Group (AMG), you and your
family are able to watch your son's live sporting events and other school activities with
the click of a mouse.
We welcome your thoughts, comments and suggestions. If you need a voice or simply
have a question, please feel free to contact me. Whether you live near or far, we welcome
your support and involvement with the South Kent School community.
I look forward to meeting you at registration, and at school events. When asked to
volunteer in some small way, please say, “Yes.”
Parents' Committee Director
South Kent School parents have joined together to form the Parents' Committee. At SKS, faculty and parents work in partnership for the sake of the students' mental, spiritual, social and physical growth.
The Parents' Committee's goals are to:
- develop community among parents with activities during Family Weekend
- provide hospitality to incoming families by contacting them over the summer prior to enrollment and by welcoming them at registration
- help the boys know their parents love them even when they're out of sight by providing treats for special occasions, during exams, or just to say we miss you
- assist in the transition of living away from home by providing the best experience possible at South Kent
- aid the Admission Office by speaking with prospective parents as requested
- volunteer to make phone calls to fellow parents for the Annual Fund Campaign
- host Mother of Boys Luncheons
- serve as a sounding board for the Head of School