Returning Student Health Form Letter
You are here
Dear Parent/Guardian of a Returning Student,
We are excited to continue the use of Magnus Health to collect and store your student’s health and medical information for the upcoming school year. Starting in June you will receive a reminder email from Magnus Health notifying you that you must take action with your online Student Medical Record (SMR). This email will list any incomplete requirement that is due or any existing requirement that will expire and needs updating. You will receive instructions at each step of the process upon login to your SMR and you will find:
1) Information saved from last year will be displayed.
Vital Health Record - You will need to review each section to update where necessary and save. Your information entered last year will be visible. If no changes are needed, or after changes are made, you must save each section to complete the requirement and submit for approval.
2) Information may only require a digital signature to complete.
- Digital Authorization of Forms - Some requirements only need to be reauthorized for the upcoming school year. Magnus Health allows you to digitally sign the form online if no changes are needed. You will be prompted to re-authorize theses forms by clicking “yes”. However, if you determine the forms are no longer valid and/or need to make changes, you must print and physically sign a new form. The new form can be scanned and uploaded directly to the account. It can also be mailed or faxed to Magnus Health.
3) Information that must be renewed every year.
Annual Doctor's Forms - You must print these forms and take them to your doctor for signature, and then submit the forms back to Magnus Health. These forms may include physicals, medications, allergy action plans, and more.
If your son has traveled out of country to Asia, Africa, South America or Eastern Europe, he will need a current PPD screening test for tuberculosis.
4) Information must be kept updated throughout the year.
The Vital health record and insurance card go with your student in the case of an emergency or just a routine medical visit and must be kept current.
Please remember your username and password
5) Any student who has traveled abroad to Asia, Africa, Eastern Europe or South America must have a current PPD test to screen for tuberculosis or a documented X-ray stating there is no disease for our records.
When you begin receiving emails from Magnus Health, don’t delay! Simply log on and complete the information required; it’s even easier the second year! If you need any assistance just call the Magnus Health Help Desk at 877-461-6831 or online.
Loretta Richardson RN
healthcenter [at] southkentschool.org (subject: Returning%20Student%20Health%20Form%20Letter)
Phone: 860-927-2000 Ext. 245 • Fax: 888-803-0142