Martin Henry Library
You are here
The SKS library is named after Martin A. Henry, who was the librarian who first championed the cause for a separate library building. The school's original library was located on the third floor of the Old Building. The library was dedicated on November 20, 1955, and the building opened a few months after that. It was formally named in Mr. Henry's honor in October 1986.
The South Kent Library contains roughly 10,000 volumes and subscribes to a variety of general and special interest periodical titles as well as electronic resources. The library’s DVD/Video collection is available to all faculty and students in support of academic research.
|Encyclopedia Britannica - Electronic version of Encyclopedia Britannica with additional reference resources.|
Web Gallery of Art - A virtual museum and searchable database of European painting and sculpture of the Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Neoclassicism and Romanticism periods (1100-1850).
Annals of American History - Speeches, historical accounts, memoirs, poems, images and multimedia
iCONN - iCONN is a service of the Connecticut State Library and our library, in partnership with the state Department of Higher Education and is part of the Connecticut Education Network. It provides all students, faculty and state residents with online access to essential library and information resources. Through iCONN, a core level of information resources including secured access to licensed databases is available.
LibraryThing - Check out the library's recent acquisitions here. Search for a title or an author and view reviews by other LibraryThing members. Join an online discussion! Reviews by students are posted by the SKS librarian.